OT REMIT SERVICE APP: PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice sets out how OneTransfer Remittance Sdn Bhd (“Company” or “we” or “us”), collects, uses, maintains, and discloses your Personal Information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal Information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you.
Language of the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is available in both English and Bahasa Malaysia languages. In the event of any conflict between the English language version and Bahasa Malaysia language version, the English language version shall prevail.
We believe this Privacy Notice enables you to understand including but not limited to the following:
- Types of Personal Information that We Collect;
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information;
- Who we disclose your Personal Information; and
- Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We are committed towards protecting your Personal Information and ensuring that your Personal Information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
When you subscribe to our products and/or services, purchase of any third party’s products and/or services distributed by us, you may be required to provide us with your Personal Information. In doing so, you consent the use of the Personal Information by us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Types of Personal Information that We Collect
The types of Personal Information which we collect includes but not limited to:
- your contact information, such as your name, race, address(es), national identification card details, passport details, occupation details, bank account information, salary range, source of funds and other relevant contact information;
- contact information of other persons that are privy to your fund transfer (e.g. the beneficiary of your remittance order), such as the beneficiary’s name, address(es), telephone number(s), national identification card details, bank account information and other relevant contact information;
- information relating to your transactions history with us;
- information from recordings of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) installed at our premises; and
- information required to be collected in compliance with Money Services Business Act 2011, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 and Financial Services Act 2013, Communications and Multimedia Act 1988 and such other laws and regulations as may be applicable from time to time.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information to operate efficiently and offer you the best customer experiences with our products and/or services. We may collect your Personal Information from yourself and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through information provided by you in the application forms when subscribing our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competition and promotion, and during financial reviews;
- through the process of remittance of funds over the counter;
- through your query for more information about a product or services (through verbal and/or written communication);
- through your verbal, written and e-mail communications with us and/or our authorized agents;
- from an analysis of the way you use and manage your account(s) with us, from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to your account(s);
- from third parties such as credit reference information providers, government/statutory agencies, and/or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose your Personal Information and/or where not otherwise restricted.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process your order or application for our products or services, as well as to keep you update with the progress of your order or application;
- For identification and verification purposes;
- To ensure the completion of your remittance order(s);
- To keep you informed of our products and services;
- To provide you with customer services;
- To respond to any queries or complaints you may have about our products or services;
- To be retained for use in your future transactions with us;
- To conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, investigation, prevention and prosecution; to comply with any sanction requirements;
- To conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- For audit, compliance and risk management purposes; and
- For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulation, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Who we disclose your Personal Information
We may be required to disclose your Personal information to including but not limited to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, partners, service providers and/or professional advisers, and such parties as necessary to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements;
- financial institutions that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested (including the financial institution acting on behalf of the beneficiary of your remittance order);
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your Personal Information;
- other parties in respect of whom we are required to disclose information pursuant to a legal requirement or any order of court, tribunal or authority;
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent; and/or
- our prospective or new owners (if any) in which instance, we would require them to adopt a policy of similar nature to protect your Personal Information, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to u
In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant Personal Information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure your Personal Information is protected against unauthorized access or accidental loss, misuse, modification, disclosure or destruction. However, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of Personal Information we transmit online, and assume no liability for alteration, interception or misuse of Personal Information transmitted via the internet.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice for such period as may be necessary to protect our interests, and/or where otherwise required by the law.
Incomplete Personal Information Provided by You
Where indicated (for example in registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your Personal Information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory Personal Information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
Where you wish to have access to your Personal Information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such Personal Information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Personal Data Form. This form is available at our branches.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your Personal Information within 21 days of receipt of your duly completed Personal Data Form and the full payment relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your Personal Information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Some or all of the Personal Information that you provide to us may be required to be transferred outside of Malaysia in order to process your fund transfers transactions. Strict rules regarding the confidentiality and safety of your Personal Information are in place to safeguard it. We may transfer your Personal Information to our databases outside your country of domicile, as well as to third parties, such as financial institutions outside of Malaysia, potentially including countries which may not have an “adequate level of protection” for your Personal Information compared with that provided in your country, but we will nevertheless use our best efforts to safeguard your Personal Information.
Revision to Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, booklets, leaflets or hard copy versions. By continuing to subscribe to our products and/or services after the communication of such revision and/or modification, you are accepting and consenting to such revision and/or modification. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any requests, queries, feedback in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 9.00 am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
|Attn:||Nurhidayah Abdul Halim|
|Telephone:||+603 9213 0669 (ext: 717)|
|Address:||Unit 6-2A-1 Wisma LMS
No.6 Jalan Abdul Rahman Idris
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Effective as of August 2019